[eDebate] Full-time Salary Question - UH Policy Debate Coach

Blake Gilson blakegil
Mon Mar 16 00:56:12 CDT 2009

My name is Blake Gilson and I am leaning efforts at the University of
Houston to ensure the existence of a policy debate program.

We have a ?Forensics Director? who strictly an IE coach and we have been
pushing for a fulltime policy debate coach for sometime. Even in this
economic condition we believe we can make significant headway.

We have been asked by the university administration to provide figures on
how much it would cost to employ a full-time policy debate coach. What is
the normal salary for a full-time policy debate coach? I am thinking that it
can radically vary but is there a range? What do you think UH would need to
offer to attract interested candidates? Is it the norm that the coach also
be a professor?

Does anyone have some type a packet of information for new schools or
documentation on what is the best way to make this happen? At one point I
had heard of such documentation existing.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

You can email me directly at: blakegil at gmail.com

-Blake Gilson
UH Policy Debate