[eDebate] Disclosure

JP Lacy lacyjp
Tue Mar 10 21:18:49 CDT 2009

Well, I guess I definitely disagree with this: "As far as JP's questions
re: disclosure, I think that reciprocity handles it. If a team you
disclose to pretends that an advantage is new when it isnt, you should
do this in the future when you debate them. Same with plans. Same with
"team affs". On down the line."

I'd rather teams just disclose what they'd expect in the same situation.
Forget "reciprocity," just give what you would want on the other side.

I don't expect our squad to execute "reciprocal justice." Keeping score
is a waste of time & energy.

"Treat others..." works better than "eye for an eye..."

That doesn't mean we won't ever "reciprocate" only that I think Debate
is a better game than Hockey.

--JP