[eDebate] Disclosure

Tue Mar 10 21:34:14 CDT 2009

Am I the only one who see the irony in Russell claiming moral indignation and a
call for "rules" of enforcement for something as trivial as pre-round Aff. case
disclosure, yet is baying at the moon about people's freedom to do anything they
want within a round. Correct me if I am wrong, which is indeed a rare
occurrence, but isn't the right NOT to speak just as valuable as the right to
say anything you want? Jeezus, folks, you get 10 minutes prep, you have the
most overly restrictive debate Franken-resolution ever created, and you have
had a whole year to get links off of the elimination of nearly all subsidies.
Is pre-round disclosures, in a world of topical affirmatives, even necessary?

Scott