[eDebate] try speaking, not bowling

Kyle Rouse kcr23
Sat Mar 21 00:01:10 CDT 2009

Old Strega wrote:
> the most recent obamaism is, of course, appalling.   abcnews got it
> right.   "the first appearance by a sitting president on the tonight
> show may well be the last."
>
> the joke goes back to the campaign trail where hillary challenged him
> to a bowling match for the nomination.
>
> i ask you to switch the metaphor.   obama is the most teleprompter
> reliant president since the introduction of teleprompters.  yet, he
> has the false reputation as an orator.    speaking with a teleprompter
> is akin to speaking with a crutch highlighting the inability to go on
> your own.    the president is a symbol of a society reliant on the
> government as he is upon the teleprompter.    a society of special
> olympic citizens who "need" the government to make their decisions for
> them.
>
> the teleprompter crutch caused a big problem the other day with the
> irish prime minister when obama's speech was being re-read by his
> counterpart.
>
> http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Barack-Obama-Thanks-Himself-In-Teleprompt-Blunder-During-Address-With-Irish-PM-On-St-Patricks-Day/Article/200903315243932?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15243932_Barack_Obama_Thanks_Himself_In_Teleprompt_Blunder_During_Address_With_Irish_PM_On_St_Patricks_Day
>
> soetoro keeps trying to laugh it off.   sorry, buddy, it's not funny
> that you suck so bad.   one big speech on TV without a teleprompter,
> that's all i'm asking for.     who cares about your bowling?  you suck
> @ speaking without a teleprompter, robot.
>
> so far, obama is obominable at his job.   worse than bush because rove
> ran the show.  definitely, faring worse than clinton.    a rookie
> worried about limbaugh.
>
> i'm glad they nailed geithner telling dodd to remove the addendum that
> would've cancelled the AIG bonuses.    the resignation'll be easy.
> nobody else has been hired yet to work in the treasury department.
>  another fiasco.

Although this was entertaining to read, when you rant try to bring up
more substantive statements that are more grounded in reality.
There is no such thing as "going on your own" anyone giving an
important/ highly significant speech has written down what they were
going to say before hand. No one is soo arrogant that they would free
ball a speech like the state of the union. Maybe you are so holy that
words pop into your head when you give your easily forgotten speeches,
congrats to you.

Also your clever uses of president Obama's name as in obominable ad
obamism is a nice touch but try using that are in the dictionary, you
aren't Shakespeare and we all stopped making up words to diss people
back in the 4th grade.

Keep up the good posts.

Kyle"this was copied from my teleprompter."Rouse