[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Graduation Amendment with a Caveat

Fri May 1 14:59:25 CDT 2009

I concur with Joel on this issue for the reasons he has already given.
But I also want to add one more point: Who the hell is going to judge?
Grad students judging grad students? It is bad enough when undergrads
judge undergrads. I may be wrong but I percieve a shortage of judges.
Letting people debate for five years into grad school reduces the
judging pool further.

I think the compromise should be 4 years, eight semesters--but if you
graduate in 3 years and begin your fourth year in grad school, then
you should be able to debate. This seems to be the optimum solution.

Scott Elliott