[eDebate] CEDA new events discussion

Alfred Snider alfred.snider
Wed May 6 13:31:04 CDT 2009

I largely agree with Justin Green on this one.

While my squad does policy and worlds and will continue to do so, I am
not in favor of adding a worlds division to CEDA nats.

We have a worlds nationals already, US Universities Debating
Championship. Last year we had 120+ teams. CEDA nats had 140, I believe.

Let CEDA continue to do policy cross examination debate.

And I think Chief is losing the debate on the specifics of allowing the
president to make the decision. I am all for having people vote on such
a decision, and when the vote comes to add worlds I will vote no.

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics