[eDebate] New Events ans Andy

Darren Elliott delliott
Thu May 7 23:38:58 CDT 2009

I cannot imagine many times when such a request would come up after December.  And as Gordon pointed out the amendment would require any new event to be in the CEDA invite.  And yes, if we were at a site with the room, and another tournament wanted to bring in THEIR personnel and run THEIR tournament, why would we not want to expose other forensics folks to CEDA?  Are we really that unattractive?

As for the shot at the CEDA EC not being competent enough to generate revenue streams, all I can say is sometimes full time jobs get in the way of being good fund raisers.  What we do have going for us however is the ability to earn free Hotel Points when we host large tournaments.  Now you gotta give us credit for that.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA Immediate Past Prseident

Andy Ellis wrote:

A question...Former president elliott seems to suggest that it would be a
good idea to add another organizations nationals after december...what
organization mentioned there decides after december when and where it's
nationals is going to be? Is this the just in case some other major national
forensics organization LOSES its DETERMINED site, and is willing t pay us a
whole bunch of money in order to manage their logistics and host their
hundreds of people...and the problem is ...the president cannont say yes to
this remarkably good idea? Clearly what we want our president doing is
agreeing in feb. to try something cool at nationals...like doubling their
logistical burden..and the number of people...revenue streams...dangerous
road to go down...if executive power is entirely determined by ability to
access revenue streams, then not a one of the current ec should be in
charge. we should host nfl/ceda/ada/ndt/toc/ncfl/universes, use the intense
profit generated from hosting other peoples nationals and hire our selves a
top notch revenue stream accessing maven