[eDebate] Error in team points calculation leads to NDT outround

Gary Larson Gary.N.Larson
Mon May 11 17:10:37 CDT 2009

I hate to deflate a possible scandal but I did a very quick check on the first instance of ?wrong? calculations and don?t see a problem.  For Towson JM in 2009, the post suggests that the three possible interpretations of the rule give 1240, 1240.5 or 1295 as adjusted totals for Towson.  But looking at the actual results posted, it appears that Towson?s highest ballot was a 58 in round 8 and their lowest ballot was a 55.5 (either round 1 or round 2).  In either case the adjustment will be 1353-113.5=1239.5, exactly what TRPC reported.

I?ll go through each of the purported errors tonight when I get home, but I suspect that ?TeamsPointsBug? misinterprets the application of the rule.

GARY