[eDebate] NDT points were correct

Gary Larson Gary.N.Larson
Mon May 11 18:01:16 CDT 2009

Follow-up:  Perhaps not surprisingly, I verified the adjusted point
calculations that were identified as possible errors for 2005, 2007, and
2009.  TRPC calculated all points correctly.
I hate to deflate a possible scandal but I did a very quick check on
the first instance of ?wrong? calculations and don?t see a problem.  For
Towson JM in 2009, the post suggests that the three possible
interpretations of the rule give 1240, 1240.5 or 1295 as adjusted totals
for Towson.  But looking at the actual results posted, it appears that
Towson?s highest ballot was a 58 in round 8 and their lowest ballot was
a 55.5 (either round 1 or round 2).  In either case the adjustment will
be 1353-113.5=1239.5, exactly what TRPC reported.
 I?ll go through each of the purported errors tonight when I get home,
but I suspect that ?TeamsPointsBug? misinterprets the application of the
rule.

GARY