[eDebate] Women's Studies (Business Afairs Coordinator) Job Opportunity - Georgia State University

Paul Mabrey III pem6751
Fri May 15 14:49:25 CDT 2009

I apologize for the non-debate message but thought some in our community might be interested...

We have a position open for the Business Affairs Coordinator of the Women's Studies Institute. We are looking for someone with a business background (office management, budgeting experience, etc.), strong communication skills and a background or knowledge of women's studies and/or experience with non-profits serving women.

Atlanta is awesome, working for Georgia State University is great. The health, retirement and educational benefits are fantastic. The position closes May 18, 2009. If you are interested, please make sure to apply online at jobs.gsu.edu. And let me know that you are interested. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help.

Please pass this on to interested parties. Thank you and take care.

Paul E. Mabrey III
Georgia State University
Staff Recruitment & Retention

Business Affairs Coordinator - Vacancy # 0600962
Salary Range : $33,000-$37,000
Duties: Will coordinate the business affairs of a small institute by monitoring the
institute's operating budget using PeopleSoft; manage all expenditures and
reimbursements; advise Director regarding budget transfers and distribution;
conduct reporting and data analysis of institute achievements; schedule classes;
supervise office and student assistants; assist faculty with management and
recordkeeping of individual grants and contracts; process all personnel forms
for faculty, staff, and students; coordinate purchasing of departmental supplies
and equipment; serve as intermediary with other administrative and business
units; coordinate communications with internal and external constituencies;
ensure departmental compliance with university policies and procedures; perform
other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have a bachelor's degree and two years business management experience, or a
combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with PeopleSoft, Banner, MS Word, Excel; excellent writing and oral
skills to communicate with university offices, faculty, staff, students,
vendors, alums, and donors; knowledge of university campus; ability to work
independently; experience with or knowledge of women's studies and/or experience
with non-profits serving women.
Closing Date: 05-18-2009
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An application, resume and cover letter are required for consideration. An offer
of employment will be contingent upon background verification.
Hotmail? has a new way to see what's up with your friends.