[eDebate] University of Rochester Job Announcement: Debate Coach

Ken Johnson kenrjohnson
Thu May 28 14:30:56 CDT 2009

The University of Rochester is seeking to hire a debate coach for the 2009-10 season.

We are looking for dynamic candidates with a desire to teach and coach debate to students across all ability and experience ranges. Our program privileges novice debate equally with NDT level competition. An ideal candidate will be able to generate confidence in new debaters, and in the next breath, be able to turn around and help the next person in-line prepare for a national circuit level tournament.

You must also be willing to support the development of our public debate program and world's style parliamentary debate program.

This is a year-to-year position.

$14,000 salary for Sept-May + University Medical Benefits + $200/tournament (judging stipend).

Rochester, NY is a very low priced place to live. Rents with roommates can be found in the $200-$400/month range.

Please email me at Kenrjohnson at msn.com with your resume and contact information for references.  Deadline to apply is June 6, 2009.