[eDebate] High School Debate Class Syllabus (esp California)

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Fri May 8 11:37:30 CDT 2009

Hi Blake (and other interested parties) -

The NDCA has a fantastic database for all sorts of materials for debate coaches...lesson plans, syllabi, permission form templates, etc.  I don't think we have any specific from California, but we may have some that are helpful.

We *just* redid our website and we are in the process of reposting a lot of our curriculum materials.   You can certainly visit it today, but with the TOC now over, I intend on getting much more of our materials up over the course of the weekend.  I will start with the sample syllabi.

Specifically, if anyone is interested, I will be uploading a "Current Event" unit  this weekend that I just completed on Poverty.  It is not tied to debate but is a good curriculum to get the kids excited and engaged (hopefully) on next year's topic and give them some good foundation material

heep://www.debatecoaches.org - tab at top for resources for all of our curriculum material.

Blake, if folks send you things in backchannel, can you forward them to me to post on the website?  As many materials as we have to "beg, borrow, and steal" from, the better.  :)

Tara Tate

NDCA Executive Board member