[eDebate] Reply to Chief

Darren Elliott delliott
Sat May 9 01:02:21 CDT 2009

I will justify my discussion of budgets in my response to Justin.  His arguments have merit and I will give them the attention they deserve by writing an appropriate post to him.  I dont think it was a pot shot or a low blow.

As for Idaho State your all-knowing arrogance of what the right decision was regarding CEDA this year wreaks of ignorance about the process and is mean-spirited Tuna.  THIS President did not make a unilateral decision about where to host Nationals.  2 bids were brought forward.  I solicited the OU bid heavily from Jackie.  I loved the OU Nats.  Given my penchant for driving to tournaments, I supported the OU bid.  But I allowed BOTH to be presented to the Executive Council in Dallas at the summer meeting.  Were you there?  Did you watch on the web?  I cant remember.  The Executive Council voted for Idaho State for a number of reasons which I am sure you couldnt care less about--afterall its all about supporting your own right?  I mean I love Jackie too and I know hes one of yours but Jesus H, dude, take off the blinders.   This was not a personal decision and Im sure it did less to erode confidence in CEDA leadership than many past decisions where programs not only didnt go to CEDA but left altogether.

For those interested in transparency and not just in it for the fight:
1. Your Executive Council voted for Idaho State for among other reasons, a ridiculous amount of financial support
2.  A donor at a program who wanted the program he endowed to host CEDA so he could kick in a load of money and support
3.  A Region that consistently supports CEDA in attendance but had NEVER had the chance to host the National Tournament.  Regional Diversity good judge!
4.  A presentation by Sarah that should be modeled by any potential host.  Her commitment, presentation materials, and abilty to provide amenities most tournaments only dream of was very compelling.
5.  Other reasons were elucidated as well and the EC was overwhelmingly impressed.

I dont think anyone should have to justify that decision, but when someone who barely even supports CEDA anymore begins taking shots at a program that worked their asses off to provide one of the best Nationals in memory, it is annoying.  The only bad decision was those who chose not to come because it was in Pocatello.

chief

>>> edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com 05/08/09 4:58 PM >>>
Just a couple of points.

1. Taking pot shots at KSU because of their budget is a low blow. Shame.
I notice Justin did not bring up ****.

2. I understand that Sarah and ISU did a great job hosting, they did
nice work but could not change the location, but it was a bad decision
to do it there, ignored a strong bid from Oklahoma with lots of
financial support, and resulted in a very small field. It is these kinds
of personal decisions that have eroded community trust in CEDA
presidents. Vermont did not go because of financial considerations and a
very young team. We would probably have gone to Oklahoma.

3. Spare us the humor and stick to the issues.

Vote no.

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna