[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Reply to Chief

scottelliott at grandecom.net scottelliott
Sat May 9 12:22:32 CDT 2009



Good.

Quoting Alfred Snider <alfred.snider at uvm.edu>:

> I have no intention to engage your hateful tirade in any way.
>
> It is shameful for a communication professional to conduct himself  
> in this way.
>
> Alfred Snider AKA Tuna
>
>
>
> scottelliott at grandecom.net wrote:
>> Ya know what Tuna, Fuck you.
>>
>> I mean seriously, this is fucking ridiculous. And with all  
>> sincerity,  fuck off.
>>
>> Let's talk about Idaho , Nationals and OU.
>>
>> As usual, I will state my props at the beginning. I coach at a  
>> small  program. I coach by myself. My budget is next to nothing. I  
>> voted for  Idaho and advocated for Idaho. It would have been  
>> cheaper for us to  drive to Oklahoma. I am frankly jealous of  
>> Oklahoma--not Jackie or his  program...but the entire state of  
>> Oklahoma educational system. Yes,  that is how poor my state is, we  
>> are so poor, we are jealous of a  state that is known for mud  
>> storms and tornadoes. I hope my program  goes to five to ten  
>> National Tournaments at the Universisty of Oklahoma.
>>
>> But, and, if you did not get it the first time, you don't know what  
>>  you are fucking talking about and, as usual, you are wrong, so  
>> fuck off.
>>
>> I told my team and I told my boss that there are times when you  
>> make  decisions for a higher purpose. Yeah, that's right, sometimes  
>> people  make decsions because they know other human beings will  
>> benefit. I  speak only for myself. But I can tell you I made an  
>> initial decision  to vote for Idaho State as the CEDA National Site  
>> for three major  reasons: 1) It is a small program-which is what  
>> CEDA is supposed to  recognize, so, fuck off; 2) there was an  
>> opportunity to secure the  long term financial stability of a  
>> regional program, what the fuck!!  are you retarded or crazy or  
>> high?, you pick which one, because this  is HUGE; and 3) it was  
>> support a region of CEDA that has been  ill-served by CEDA since  
>> the time of your abysmal leadership. It had  nothing to do with OU,  
>> and in fact, it was a counter-intuitive  decision. I will add, I  
>> think this was most likely the reason many  within the community  
>> chose to bite the collective bullet and go. So,  the original  
>> decision was made for very good reasons by people that  actually  
>> particpAte in this organization. If you don't like it, may I   
>> suggest two things: 1) show up at the summer business meetings or  
>> 2)  fuck off.
>>
>> Now, in poker, we all know that you should not base your decisions  
>> on  the turn of the cards after the fact. But, in this case, we  
>> should  look at the results. I know you have been around the block  
>> for forty  years. i have been around the block for close to 30. The  
>> tournament at  Idaho State, except for the weather and  distance of  
>> rooms, was  absolutely awesome. It was THE model of a CEDA National  
>> TOurnament.  The final round literally brought me to tears. I was  
>> so proud of the  two teams representing CEDA. The hospitality was  
>> awesome. I was  fortunate enough to be on the plane back to Dallas  
>> with the Idaho  State benefactor,/tournament subsidizer. I and my  
>> kids  gushed, I  mean, really gushed, at how happpy we were about  
>> the tournament. We  loved it.
>>
>> So, you coming out from your "World's Debate" hole---what's the  
>> topic  of them moment, weather football should be soccer or  
>> American  football?---and knock a tournament that you did not  
>> fucking attend is  just ridiculous. And, somebody ought to call  
>> your ass out on it.  Ironically, it is one of the biggest critics  
>> of CEDA that is doing it.
>>
>> The so-called small field in CEDA was not the result of it being   
>> hosted  at a Moutain region. At best, OU would have genrated maybe  
>> 30  extra teams. The reason f or the small field is all the  
>> fuck-ups  within CEDA that can be laid DIRECTLY at YOUR FEET. You  
>> Tuna, yes,  YOU, pushed for a merger with NDT Policy. Your fucking  
>> "House of  Reason" was and is a House of Cards. The direction of  
>> CEDA was  determined by YOUR administration. Like a douche, you  
>> have run away to  "World's," leaving others to clean up your  
>> fucking mess.  Then you  have the gall to chime in every now and  
>> then on how this organization  is run. Fuck you. You may have a  
>> right to criticize. But I have the  history and ability to call  
>> your ass out. I think it absolutely  ridiculous for anybody within  
>> CEDA to take your comments seriously on  the issue of OUR national  
>> tournamnet when you are not an active  memeber and you did not  
>> attend the busness meeting nor the tournament.  Go back to  
>> spreading your shit in Parly land.
>>
>>
>> Scott Elliott
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Quoting Darren Elliott <delliott at kckcc.edu>:
>>
>>
>>> I will justify my discussion of budgets in my response to Justin.   
>>>  His arguments have merit and I will give them the attention they   
>>> deserve by writing an appropriate post to him.  I dont think it  
>>> was  a pot shot or a low blow.
>>>
>>> As for Idaho State your all-knowing arrogance of what the right   
>>> decision was regarding CEDA this year wreaks of ignorance about  
>>> the  process and is mean-spirited Tuna.  THIS President did not  
>>> make a  unilateral decision about where to host Nationals.  2 bids  
>>> were  brought forward.  I solicited the OU bid heavily from  
>>> Jackie.  I  loved the OU Nats.  Given my penchant for driving to  
>>> tournaments, I  supported the OU bid.  But I allowed BOTH to be  
>>> presented to the  Executive Council in Dallas at the summer  
>>> meeting.  Were you there?   Did you watch on the web?  I cant  
>>> remember.  The Executive Council  voted for Idaho State for a  
>>> number of reasons which I am sure you  couldnt care less  
>>> about--afterall its all about supporting your own  right?  I mean  
>>> I love Jackie too and I know hes one of yours but  Jesus H, dude,  
>>> take off the blinders.   This was not a personal  decision and Im  
>>> sure it did less to erode confidence in CEDA  leadership than many  
>>> past decisions where programs not only didnt go t
>>> o CEDA but left altogether.
>>>
>>> For those interested in transparency and not just in it for the fight:
>>> 1. Your Executive Council voted for Idaho State for among other   
>>> reasons, a ridiculous amount of financial support
>>> 2.  A donor at a program who wanted the program he endowed to host  
>>>  CEDA so he could kick in a load of money and support
>>> 3.  A Region that consistently supports CEDA in attendance but had  
>>>  NEVER had the chance to host the National Tournament.  Regional   
>>> Diversity good judge!
>>> 4.  A presentation by Sarah that should be modeled by any  
>>> potential  host.  Her commitment, presentation materials, and  
>>> abilty to provide  amenities most tournaments only dream of was  
>>> very compelling.
>>> 5.  Other reasons were elucidated as well and the EC was   
>>> overwhelmingly impressed.
>>>
>>> I dont think anyone should have to justify that decision, but when  
>>>  someone who barely even supports CEDA anymore begins taking shots  
>>> at  a program that worked their asses off to provide one of the  
>>> best  Nationals in memory, it is annoying.  The only bad decision  
>>> was  those who chose not to come because it was in Pocatello.
>>>
>>> chief
>>>
>>>
>>>>>> edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com 05/08/09 4:58 PM >>>
>>>>>>
>>> Just a couple of points.
>>>
>>> 1. Taking pot shots at KSU because of their budget is a low blow. Shame.
>>> I notice Justin did not bring up ****.
>>>
>>> 2. I understand that Sarah and ISU did a great job hosting, they did
>>> nice work but could not change the location, but it was a bad decision
>>> to do it there, ignored a strong bid from Oklahoma with lots of
>>> financial support, and resulted in a very small field. It is these kinds
>>> of personal decisions that have eroded community trust in CEDA
>>> presidents. Vermont did not go because of financial considerations and a
>>> very young team. We would probably have gone to Oklahoma.
>>>
>>> 3. Spare us the humor and stick to the issues.
>>>
>>> Vote no.
>>>
>>> Tuna
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
>>> Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics
>>> University of Vermont
>>> Huber House, 475 Main Street, UVM, Burlington, VT 05405 USA
>>> Global Debate Blog http://globaldebateblog.blogspot.com
>>> Debate Central http://debate.uvm.edu
>>> World Debate Institute http://debate.uvm.edu/wdi/
>>> World Debate Institute Blog http://worlddebateinstitute.blogspot.com
>>> 802-656-0097 office telephone
>>> 802-656-4275 office fax
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> eDebate mailing list
>>> eDebate at www.ndtceda.com
>>> http://www.ndtceda.com/mailman/listinfo/edebate
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> CEDA-L mailing list
>>> CEDA-L at www.ndtceda.com
>>> http://www.ndtceda.com/mailman/listinfo/ceda-l
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> CEDA-L mailing list
>> CEDA-L at www.ndtceda.com
>> http://www.ndtceda.com/mailman/listinfo/ceda-l
>>
>>
>
>
> -- 
> Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
> Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics
> University of Vermont
> Huber House, 475 Main Street, UVM, Burlington, VT 05405 USA
> Global Debate Blog http://globaldebateblog.blogspot.com
> Debate Central http://debate.uvm.edu
> World Debate Institute http://debate.uvm.edu/wdi/
> World Debate Institute Blog http://worlddebateinstitute.blogspot.com
> 802-656-0097 office telephone
> 802-656-4275 office fax
>
>






More information about the Mailman mailing list