[eDebate] CEDA Nats Geography

A Numbers Game edebate edebate
Sat May 9 22:05:50 CDT 2009

I was curious about the CEDA Nats attendance numbers, so I compared
them to NDT qualifying tournaments here:

http://code.google.com/p/anumbersgame/wiki/Attendance

I have no evidence that these numbers should move in lock-step, but I
suspect they draw from similar crowds. Obviously, some teams with no
NDT aspirations go to CEDA Nats.

The short version, by the way, is that this year's CEDA Nats showed a
precipitous decline in attendance, and 2006's NDT at Northwestern
showed a similarly-sized increase in NDT qual attendance.