[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Re-opening the debate on New Events at CEDA

A Numbers Game edebate edebate
Sat May 9 22:19:20 CDT 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Darren Elliott <delliott at kckcc.edu> wrote:
>?CEDA should
> continue to have Novice Breakout Rounds. ?It increased participation,
> led to much needed PR for some programs, and did ZERO harm.

Once Brushke's 2008-2009 database dump is available we can see if
adding the novice breakout:

(a) Increased attendance of novice-eligible teams
(b) Hurt strength-of-schedule equity among teams near or above the break
(c) Affected speaker point distribution in any way

(Disclaimer: I'm not making any claims about whether/how these numbers
could/should change the decision to have the breakout rounds)

>?As for what
> Administration led to the most growth maybe mr debatenumbersgame guy can
> provide some insight.

Unfortunately, we don't have nearly enough data for that. Maybe in a
decade or two . . .