[eDebate] Standards for Evidence

Paul Johnson paulj567
Mon May 11 20:10:31 CDT 2009

More seriously.....

We should not pretend either that our participation in debate invalidates us from producing unique and useful socio-political thought, nor that we may simply say anything that we want to and then use it in a debate round. In general, debaters should pay more attention to qualifications. if debaters do that, it fixes a lot of these problems. We can't really stop people from using shadowy pseudonyms, and as a community, we are best off if we do point out such behavior when it occurs. But we can't stop it from happening. We can only hope that our opponents are as generous and as good natured as we ourselves hope to be to them, and as we are on our best days.

Paul Johnson