[eDebate] Skarb - and how is this even a debate??

bandana martin drmosbornesq
Wed May 13 12:45:47 CDT 2009

are u saying debaters will go to the trouble of fabricating good evidence
because/even though judges accept bad evidence bc that makes no sense to me.

cards, especially high school ones, only hafta be "good enough" and that's
the first rule u'd know if u ever spent a day in ur life. if the community
didnt demand any warrants from evidence then ppl could read google ads and
ku would win the ndt. debaters fab cards bc they cant find anything that
meets what they perceive to be the bottom standard by those who frequently
judge them (obv the fact that some of us think a poem is a card and some
dont is prolly relevant at some level here) and as someone who did some
damien neg work last year i'll tell u this isnt a team that sets the bar all
that high. i mean they learned from forslund so what can u expect.

maybe some debaters are worse than others at holding teams accountable for
ev quality but that's a personal problem and if yall think it's a big one u
will do a better job teaching that skill at camp. the reason this is an
issue (and as far as i know its not a widespread one) isnt bc debaters and
consequently judges are undemanding of evidence, even if we disagree on that
question. the reason ppl fab evidence is bc they're dirty shit-eating sacks
who deserve just as little compassion and tolerance as any other rotten
cheater. it's not the community and its not the product of any contemporary
norm. it might be useful to blame actual people on this one.

ozzy - p.s. i'd like to clarify that the forslund joke is 100% humor and i
think he has absolutely nothing to do w this, is a total class act, and
would bet any amount of money that you will never uncover this at a program
under his purview.