[eDebate] next year's resolution

Fri May 15 17:33:09 CDT 2009

Three biggest reasons why I voted for the nuclear weapons topic:

(1) I wanted to rebuild my SPARK backfile;
(2) I love Nuclearism, Nuclear Numbing and the Kato Critiques so much,
I want to hear it every round for a year;
(3) I like cases that go boom so many times the 2AC can say, "we can
lose every disad and K....case still outwieghs."

Nuclear Weapons was the least bad alternative. I would have loved to
debate the Taboo topic area but I saw two major problems, (a) they
really did not addresss real taboo topics...probably because they
really are taboo and (2) the so called taboo topics had little
negative ground. No to cast dispersions, but I hazard to guess that a
substantial portion of the judging pool is pro-pot legalization and
would support the legalization of gay marriage. Great area, just not
balanced.

IMF, it was my second choice. I liked it. I was worried, more than
anything else, about a USFG agent of action c-plan being run every
round.

Russia--I've been to Russia. Kinda liked it. Caught dysentary while
there though. (I did lose 30 lbs, on the bright side) Would not want
to debate it anytime soon. The Uniqueness debates were horrible. It is
not like "Resolved: The U.S.F.G. should recognize Red China." Also, I
think the big schools would have an overwhelming advantage. I figure I
can manage the big school/small school disparity with the nuclear
weapons topic. I know where I stand on the Nuclear weapons topic.
Russia is nothing more that Resolved: Russia...find-a-link.

Might be some bad reasoning, but that was my reasoning.

Scott