[eDebate] New Proposed version of the nuclear weapons topic.

Mon May 18 12:27:52 CDT 2009

No slight intended toward the topic paper authors. I found the Dephi
Paper too went I re-read their paper just a while ago. But the one
thing missing from the topic paper is a list of proposed topics. I
think the alternative I propose is consistent with the literature. It
does not require a total disarm, just a substantial move by the USFG
in that direction (i.e. uniqueness/inherency). Only debaters would
think of a "one shot-total disarm immediately" proposal. my proposal
allows for debates that are consistent with what policy experts are
pursuing on this issue.

It is also pretty straightforward. Heaven forbid we have a topic
without multiple clauses, 80 clarification terms, lists, "and/or" and
nonsensical semicolons!

Scott