[eDebate] How I voted for the First-Rounds

A Numbers Game edebate edebate
Wed May 20 00:46:06 CDT 2009

One rating system that includes a spread-the-wealth aspect is Jon
Bruschke's system:

http://commweb.fullerton.edu/jbruschke/web/BruschkeExplanation.aspx

His system privileges large tournaments, and it does not make
adjustments for round robins. He notes:

"In my view, little is lost by not including them in ranking systems,
and much is to be gained in community inclusiveness by not having them
altogether."

This is, of course, not exactly the same as what Scott Elliott suggests.

* My writing above is not meant to be a criticism of any rating system
or of the practice of holding round robins