[eDebate] Emporia Debate Tournament -- IMPORTANT

Samuel Maurer chairman.maurer
Thu Oct 1 13:48:04 CDT 2009

All hotel blocks are closed and I have 2 teams (KSU and JCCC) in the
tournament hotel.  MAKE THESE RESERVATIONS IMMEDIATELY.  There is a large
group of power-plant workers in town that weekend that are VERY quickly
taking-up all of the remaining hotel rooms in Emporia.  Not hotel rooms in
the tournament hotel -- ALL of the hotel rooms in the town.  It is very
likely that you will not be able to spend the night in Emporia if you do not
make reservations soon.

I have convinced the Guesthouse Inn to re-open the hotel block until October
5th (Monday).  Call this number and ask for the Emporia Debate Block (620)
341-9199.  Doubles are $79/night.  Our blocks at the other two tournament
hotels (the Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites) were VERY small because of
the power-plant workers who are occupying all of the hotels. So again, get
these rooms as fast as you can.  If the remainder of this block fills-up
SOON (like, not monday at 5pm but before that), there's a good chance I can
expand the block to get more rooms.

We love hosting our tournament and providing hospitality.  But there is only
so much we can do about this situation if you don't get your rooms until the
week of our tournament.  Please, please, please, make your reservations
soon.  I would hate for anyone to have to stay home because there are no
hotel rooms available but that may very well be the situation if you wait
any longer.  Make the 5-minute phone call now.  Thanks!

Sam

--
Samuel A. Maurer
Director of Debate