[eDebate] UR Spider Tournament Update

Kuswa, Kevin kkuswa
Sat Oct 3 07:46:15 CDT 2009

We are over 100 teams.  Half of those teams will clear.  We are scrambling for more rooms.  If you are coming and have not signed up you need to asap.

If you need the list of overflow hotels, let me know.

If you are a judge/coach and are interested in doing a novice teach-in, let us know so we can arrange that schedule.

We'll request internet passwords soon so make sure all your people are signed up.  There is also a new fee structure.  It's easy: $40 a person, no team fees.

The engraved pens (and engraved boxes for top 3) for the top speakers are in as well as the other trophies.  Lunch plans are made--the award-winning D-Hall should have all-you-can-eat bacon and popsicles among other choices.  We're excited to host, but there are at least TWO THINGS YOU NEED TO DO:

1. Update the wiki with information from your teams--including JV and novice.  So what if your team is a new combination of people, paste their aff--it makes for better debates.

2. Update judge philosophies, preclusions (both of teams and times of day) and remember that all judges are obligated Monday morning for out-rounds.

Thanks--more soon--we'll shift the updates to the emails of the folks attending fairly soon.  Have a good weekend.

Sincerely,

Kevin