[eDebate] Looking for Judges for Capitol Debate Fall Classic HS Tournament - Oct 31 and Nov 1

bratt at capitol-debate.com bratt
Tue Oct 6 15:21:17 CDT 2009

Capitol Debate Fall Classic High School Tournament, held near DC, is
looking to hire judges for its tournament on October 31 and November 1.
If you think you will be highly preferred on the MPJ, lets talk. We will
pay your travel and hotel expenses. We are getting a nice draw for this
tourney and want to have an exceptional TOC judge pool. You can email me
at bratt at capitol-debate.com Thanks.
__________________
Ronald Bratt
CEO & Founder
Capitol Debate

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: High School Debate Coach Job Opening - Full Time
From: bratt at capitol-debate.com
Date: Sat, April 04, 2009 9:13 pm
To: edebate at ndtceda.com

Capitol Debate in partnership with the Howard County School System is
hiring a full time coach for its high school debate teams in Howard
County, Maryland. Howard County Maryland High School Debate Teams
practice together as a consortium of schools: Centennial, River Hill,
Glenelg, Mt. Hebron, Oakland Mills, Howard, Wilde Lake, and several
other high schools including McDonogh. We started the year with about 24
students traveling nationally to Wake, GDS, Bronx, Capitol Debate,
Glenbrooks, Ohio Valley, MBA, Pennsbury, Harvard, Lakeland, and Woodward
and we will have about 44 students that travel with us nationally next
year. 2 of our teams from Centennial advanced to elimination rounds at
JV Nationals at Woodward with one of the students receiving 9th speaker.
Capitol Debate in partnership with the Howard County School System
oversees the debate teams.

Capitol Debate is looking to hire a full time coach for the Howard
County teams starting in August 2009.

As an employee of Capitol Debate, the person will:

Coach the Varsity and Novice teams
Oversee strategy and evidence production
Travel to Debate Tournaments with Teams
Run Debate Practices
Listen to practice Debates & Redos
Teach Workshops during school year for Middle School Debate
Help with running the program
Other duties of a debate coach

The ideal candidate is someone that has experience successfully coaching
on the National level. We are not seeking a satellite coach but instead
someone that can move to this area to coach full time. Having a reliable
means of transportation is important. Salary dependent on experience.

Howard County Maryland is situated between Washington, D.C. and
Baltimore. We are about 30 minutes outside of Baltimore and 45 minutes
outside of DC.

To apply for this position, please send a cover letter that details your
success coaching debate on the national level, salary requirements,
resume, and 3 names that can serve as references to:

Capitol Debate
Human Resources
10770 Folkestone Way
Woodstock, Maryland 21163
Or
Email to: hr at capitol-debate.com

I will be at NDCA and TOC if you have questions. We will be requiring in
person interviews in Howard County Maryland.

Ronald Bratt
Founder
Capitol Debate
http://www.capitol-debate.com