[eDebate] 8 prelim model

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Oct 19 14:39:09 CDT 2009

I agree with all of this except:

1. 4 prelims sat, 4 prelims sunday  doubles on out-round day (let people get
as many rounds as possible and make the hard day a hard day for the host not
the travelers - teams that stay will get a room, teams that lose will leave
and be more rested when they do because the prelims didnt wear them out.

2. Opp wins is a poor substitute because you cannot control who you debate.
Not saying its any less arbitrary than the speaker point system...Just
suggesting some stat head has to be able to come up with a more reliable
meaningful substitute.

Josh