[eDebate] On 7 Round Tournaments

Dallas Perkins dperkins
Tue Oct 20 09:41:45 CDT 2009

I think everything Kevin says is correct.  However, I want to reiterate
what Gary Larson said as well:  judge decision times are driving the
longer days at the big national tournaments.  Richmond is indeed well run,
but the ethic among ADA judges who generally decide rounds within 150
minutes of the announced start time, is immensely important in keeping the
days shorter.  No "conversation" is complete without considering that
fact.

dp