[eDebate] T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Virginia is looking for traveling judges/coaches for the 2009-2010 school year.

Nick Sciullo nicksciullo
Thu Sep 10 08:54:05 CDT 2009

T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Virginia is looking for traveling judges/coaches for the 2009-2010 school year.

T.C. Williams High School, home of the Titans, requires additional judging support for this year.  We recently lost our faculty sponsor and the size of the team is rapidly growing.  Both factors have left us with a void of judging.  T.C. Williams has a fast growing debate team that has become regionally competitive in the last several years.  We have a great group of diverse debaters with passion for the activity.

Most tournaments are held in the Northern Virginia area.  This year we plan to travel to several ?away? tournaments including George Mason, James Madison, Pennsbury (Fairless Hills, PA) and Lakeland (Shrub Oak, NY).  We compete in both Policy and LD.  The tournaments we compete in the following leagues: Virginia High School League, Washington Arlington Catholic Forensic League, and Northern Virginia Forensic League.

The team primarily needs judges, but coaching assistance never hurt either.

I?m looking for?

* current or former debaters with two years of combined debate experience
* prior coaching and/or judging experience is a plus
* good track record of working with high-schoolers or college novi
* dependability

Unfortunately we don?t have much in the way of financial support to provide beyond room and meals (and maybe a couple bucks per round), so at this point you should consider this a volunteer position.  When we do have the money, I?ll be sure to direct it toward anyone who helps out.

Email me back to learn more or if you?re interested.  Also, check us out on the web at www.tcdebatesociety.org.

Best of luck on a great season and many thanks,

Nick J. Sciullo
Director of Debate, T.C. Williams High School
nicksciullo at hotmail.com