[eDebate] Session on Data Calibration and Global Climate Change

Duane Hyland privethedge
Fri Sep 18 12:12:26 CDT 2009

For all of you who are intrerested in climate change issues, and the measuring of such things - there will be presentation on Monday (9/21) at 1pm in Rm. 2322 of the Rayburn House Office Building, on the need for standardized data calibration to ensure the accuracy of global climate change measurements.
?
Speakers include: Dr. Philip Ardanuy, chief scientist, Raytheon Information Solutions; Ron Birk, director, mission integration civil systems division, Northrop Grumman; Jonathan Malay, director, civil space and environment programs, Lockheed Martin Corporation; Eric Webster, vice president, government and industry partnerships, ITT Corporation;? Nancy Colleton, executive director, Alliance for Earth Observations; Dr. Michael Freilich, director, earth science division, science mission directorate, NASA; Dr. Molly Macauley, senior fellow and director, academic programs, Resources for the Future; Chris Scolese, associate administrator, NASA,
?
It is free and open to the public. If you are interested in attending, let me know. It promises to be an interesting discussion.
?
H.

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that person that he, if he had the power, would be in silencing mankind? If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by??its collision with error." John S. Mill
?
President Barack Obama: "So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial...uh..." (Politico5/29/09)? Boy..do I feel safe......