[eDebate] RE to Tuna

Kelly Young kel1773
Tue Sep 22 10:55:21 CDT 2009

Tuna--

Thanks in turn for appreciation. When you go out of your way to publicly shame a tournament rather than backchannel them, you will get a rude response. Don't turn this back on me when you are still unable to publicly apologize to Katie and Richard for the tone of your original post. Saying that you respect them but you will publicly call out their ability to run a tournament is laughable.

Your response completely misses the point. I never suggested that we shouldn't voice concerns/complaints about tournaments. Instead, my point was that we should do so through backchannel emails so that we don't make other tournaments. Your public post did nothing that a private email on the matter wouldn't have resolved. The post's only effect was to call out and shame two young DOFs that risks harming future attendance at a nice regional tournament. The counterplan solves without harm to anyone.

Another important lesson of argumentation and debate is the important of time and place and etiquette. The point of my response is that you completely failed in that regard.

Kelly