[eDebate] Fwd: [Ndca-l] Registration Open - James M. Langan Speech and Debate Invitational @ Scranton High School - November 6-8, 2009

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard
Tue Sep 29 15:01:39 CDT 2009

>From Brian Manuel:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Manuel <clariondebate at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Subject: [Ndca-l] Registration Still Open - James M. Langan Speech and
Debate Invitational @ Scranton High School - November 6-8, 2009
To: NDCA List Serv <ndca-l at lists.debatecoaches.org>

Registration is still open for the James M. Langan Speech and Debate
Invitational at Scranton High School on November 6-8, 2009.  A full
tournament invitation can be found at
www.scrantondebate/2009langaninvitational

We?d love to have all of you in Scranton in early November.  We are looking
to bring back the popularity of High Schools putting on top quality events.

 A few good reasons that you should join us in Scranton that weekend!!

1. *$15/student entry fee* ? this includes registration, beautiful awards
for all finalists and elimination round participants in debate, and 3 meals
(2 dinners and 1 lunch).  This entry fee is one of the lowest in the nation
for the quality of service received.

2. *$250 First Place Speaker Award Scholarship* ? this will be presented to
the top speaker in the Varsity Policy Debate Division.  Thanks to the
gracious donation from Stefan Bauschard this was made possible for one lucky
debater to take advantage of.

3. *FREE!! Round Robin* ? thanks to a generous donation from the O?Malley
Langan Law Offices, we are able to offer this year and hopefully for years
to come, a Free Round Robin for some of the top debate teams in the country.
The dates for the event will be November 4-5, 2009.  We are seeking still
seeking interested teams.  Please email me at Clariondebate at gmail.com, if
you are interested in attending.  We are working on the possibility of
hosting the debates at the ?Scranton Club? (http://scrantonclub.com/ ) with
an awards dinner at ?Stirnas? ? (http://stirnas.com)

4. *First-Class Hospitality* ? The motto from The Office is absolutely true
? ?There ain?t no party like a Scranton party, because a Scranton party
don?t stop!!?  This year we look to provide all meals on campus to all
participants.   I also intend on providing top notch hospitality at both the
tournament venue and hotel for all directors, coaches, and judges.

5. *National Caliber Judging Pool, Ordinal MPJ System, and 100 Point Speaker
Point Scale* ? I have worked painlessly with many advisors to secure some
great hired judging for the tournament.  I?m also working with teams that
are looking to hire a large part of their commitment to employ high quality
judges we?ve already spoken to as well.  I am seeking to provide a national
caliber judging pool at our event this year.  Along the lines of providing
the best tournament experience we can, Stefan Bauschard (director of the
policy tab room) will be utilizing an ordinal ranking MPJ system at this
year?s tournament.  Also we?ll be using the newly modeled 100 point scale
for speaker points in policy debate (we?ll be providing a graph for all
judges, based on numbers collected throughout the year and from past
tournaments).

Hope to see you all in November!!
--
Brian Manuel
Tournament Director - James M. Langan Speech and Debate Invitational

--
Stefan Bauschard

President & Co-Founder, PlanetDebate.com
Debate Coach, Harvard Debate
Director of Debate, Lakeland Schools
Director of Development & Operations, NFL National Tournament 2011

(c) 781-775-0433
(fx) 617-588-0283