[eDebate] Sick Debaters, Travel, and Bid Applications

Sarah Jane Green sjsnider
Thu Sep 17 11:31:47 CDT 2009

I completely agree with Sam, Sue & Ryan

I too remember debating ill and in retrospect cannot believe I did it.

I would like to add- that I have been at tournaments where
participants have been so ill that they have had to pull themselves
from competition, but then come and hang out at the tournament
anyways. Please recognize that when you are ill, you are putting
others at risk and stay away from the debate tournament. It is
difficult enough for our students to come home from a tournament and
catch up with school, for them to get sick upon returning from a
tournament puts them in a precarious situation academically.

Let's try to respect the community a little more than we may have in the past.

Sarah