[eDebate] Sick Debaters, Travel, and Bid Applications

JP Lacy lacyjp
Thu Sep 17 21:27:13 CDT 2009

Wake misses competing at our tournament every year. So does every other
squad that hosts a "major" national tournament.

It is hard for debaters to give up an opportunity to compete. Many would
give an organ to clear at a tournament. We need to get better at showing
people that debate isn't worth hurting themselves or others over.

I agree with Ryan that we should "cut people some slack" if they miss a
tournament due to illness, injury or other contingencies.

After all, hosting schools get that "slack" every year.

-- JP