[eDebate] Hotep X

Greg A. Rosenbaum greg
Thu Sep 24 12:20:55 CDT 2009

His real name was William A.  "Sandy" Darity, Jr. and he debated for Amherst
Regional High School in Massachusetts, graduating in 1970.

I debated him in the quarters of NFL Nationals in 1970 and he went on to
lose the final round, as I recall, to a team from New Trier High School -
East (like the Glenbrooks now, New Trier then had two high schools, both
with active debate teams.)

I knew Sandy pretty well in college but lost touch with him afterward.
Tuna, who debated with Sandy when he was both Sandy and Hotep X, published
something on his blog in 2007 about re-connecting with Sandy who, at that
time, was a professor at UNC and a research professor at Duke.  You can find
that entry here:
http://alfredsnider.blogspot.com/2007/04/sandy-darity-in-area.html

Sandy appears to have moved on from UNC to Duke full time, according to the
University's listings here:

http://fds.duke.edu/db/Sanford/william.darity

Sandy was a fine debater and really funny guy.  I'm sure that Tuna can fill
you in a lot more about their time as partners and provide some accurate
background on the Hotep X persona.

Greg Rosenbaum

++++++CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE++++++

The information transmitted by this email is intended only for the addressee
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any interception,
review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any
action upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited by law and may subject them to criminal or civil
liability. If you received this communication in error, please contact us
immediately by return email, and delete the communication from any computer
or network system. Although this email and any attachments are believed to
be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any
computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no
responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in
any way in the event that such a virus or defect exist.

  _____