[eDebate] Illinois State Debate Assistantship

Donny Peters don1299
Thu Sep 24 17:54:57 CDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Illinois State University is looking for a Graduate Assistant
Debate Coach for the 2010-2011 debate season. The ISU debate team is working to
build a nationally competitive debate program. As an graduate assistant debate
coach you will travel both regionally and nationally with a group of young and
talented debaters to both CEDA and NDT tournaments. We would like a graduate
assistant coach who is dedicated to helping the debate program flourish, and
also a someone who will take her/his graduate studies seriously. ISU has a top
5 masters program in Communication. More details regarding the graduate program
are below. As a Graduate Assistant coach you will receive a full tuition waiver
and a competitive stipend. It?s a pretty sweet deal. If you are graduating
and are not yet sure what you may want to do I strongly encourage you to
considering applying to ISU. This is a great program and Bloomington-Normal is
a wonderful place to live. If you have any questions regarding the debate
program feel free to contact me. I will be at Kentucky and Wake, among other
regional tournaments.  Finally, keep in mind the application deadline is
February 15, 2010.

Thanks!

Donny Peters, ABD

Director of Debate

School of Communication

Illinois State University

Campus Box 4480

Normal, IL 61790-4480

(309) 438-2321

djpete2 at ilstu.edu

The graduate program of Illinois State University's School of
Communication provides a distinctive academic experience that educates students
in convergent disciplinary knowledge, diverse theoretical frameworks and
research methods appropriate to the advanced study of communication.

Given that communication takes place in various contexts, the
graduate program is responsive to students seeking further scholarly rigor and
professional development. This program prepares graduates for careers in
academia as well as business and non-profit organizations. In addition, our
program seeks to instill in students a passion for intellectual and theoretical
discovery that transcends career objectives and course expectations.

We fulfill our mission for the graduate program by achieving the
following goals:

    * Educating students by offering a variety of
graduate seminars and other opportunities to explore the latest disciplinary
and interdisciplinary developments in theory and research

    * Providing an advisement system that
supports curricula tailored to meet personal and professional objectives

    * Encouraging students to make applications
of theory and research via professional internships, teaching, research, and
service learning

    * Guiding students in the process of
conducting original research and/or to producing creative works that may result
in presentations, publications, conference papers, and/or exhibitions

Prospective students interested in applying for admission to the
graduate program in the School of Communication are required to complete the
following:

   1. The Graduate School 's on-line admission
application available at: http://www.admissions.ilstu.edu/apply.

   2. The Supplemental Graduate Admission Application
for the School of Communication.

To be admitted to the program, students must:

    * Have either a minimum GPA of 3.00 over the
last 60 hours of his or her undergraduate degree, or a combined score of 1,000
on the verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE.

    * International students are additionally
required to obtain a minimum TOEFL score of 250 (computer-based testing), 100
(Internet-based testing), or 600 (paper-based).

    * All applicants must submit a letter of
application that describes their backgrounds, interests, and career objectives,
and arrange to have 3 letters of recommendation forwarded to the School.

To ensure full consideration for admission in fall, application
materials should be received no later than February 15.

http://www.communication.illinoisstate.edu/masters/index.shtml
Bing?  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.