[eDebate] Clarion Thanks

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Mon Sep 28 11:14:38 CDT 2009

Let me second all of Andy's remarks, especially the welcome to Fayetteville (and welcome back, Greg Thomas!).  We are, however, calling for the IOC to perform genetic testing on Mr. Fountain.  He may be a space alien.
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:11:22 -0400
From: andy.edebate at gmail.com
To: eDebate at www.ndtceda.com
Subject: [eDebate] Clarion Thanks

What a cool tournament. Thanks to Jim Lyle and all the clarionites. Combine a humane schedule(out friday and saturday night by reasonable times, home sunday night (after judging varsity finals) by 10 PM, a good draw (much of d7, bing wvu and usma from the northeast, wayne & john carroll, and fayeteville state from the southeast) and you get great competition. Add mike davis in tab, a well coordinated ballot running team and real time pairings through debate results and it gets even better. Throw in a great banquet and a diverse set of food options throughout the tournament and its hard to think of why i wouldnt go to this tournament any year i can.

I also wanted to welcome Fayetteville State to the community, it was great to see a new school with several teams poised to break late into the tournament at their first ever debate tournament.

Props to Pete Fountain, you may have the fastest debate learning curve i have ever seen.

Also props to Tim O'Donnell for a quiet but dedicated effort to increase the diversity of voices contributing to the debate.

Andy Ellis
PS- Thanks to Liberty for being very hospitable to the judges they hire, maybe its normal for you, but for some one used to simply receiving cash sometime after round 8 when i hire out my judging, it was incredibly appreciated.