Institute a Direct Election for Student Representative to the Topic Selection Committee
IV, Section 11: Student Representatives.
- Each region will select a student representative who will serve as a member of the
Student Representatives Committee. Student Representatives must be officially enrolled, undergraduate students in good standing at the college or university they attend.
- The duties of the Student Representatives Committee are to:
- Report the concerns of debaters to the Executive Council.
- Select one debater to serve on the Topic Selection Committee
- Provide input and support to the Executive Secretary for a national election of one debater to serve on the Topic Selection Committee. The Executive Secretary should direct a balloting system for the student representative that fulfills all elements of a CEDA ballot described in Article IV, Section 5.